Do you feel like the ends of your hair are perpetually dry and damaged? We’ve all been there. Unfortunately there is no way to fix a strand of hair once it has split. In which case, it’s best to cut your losses, get a trim, and start with a clean slate. The good news is there are ways to prevent your hair from split ends. Just follow these simple tips and you will see a big difference in your hair growth and strength!
▪ Use a deep conditioner: Apply two times a week, and let it soak into your hair for 2-4 mins before you rinse it out.
▪ Use a wide-tooth comb: After you apply conditioner in the shower, run a wide-tooth comb through hair (from ends to root) until all the tangles are out. This prevents the snaps and breakage that can happen when brushing damp hair out of the shower.
▪ Avoid using a brush on wet hair; a wide-toothed comb is gentler.
▪ Try to cut back on shampooing and heat styling. Both can leave hair dry and more apt to split. If you shampoo everyday try to skip a day and just rinse/condition.
▪ Take biotin & folic acid: I’m a big believer in vitamins! Nutrients build the proteins that make up your hair strands. These two vitamins in particular, folic acid and biotin, both have been shown to promote hair health, length and thickness!